[Python-Dev] Compiling Python 3.2 on Cygwin fails

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 06:33:35 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 10:38 AM, Brian Curtin <brian.curtin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 15:10, Dan Stromberg <drsalists at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Am I correct in assuming that "stable" buildbots are required to be
>> reasonably functional before a release is tagged?
>
> Yep - all green is the goal.

Indeed, that's the main difference between the stable and unstable buildbots.

stable = this should work. If it doesn't, somebody broke something and
the relevant branch should be fixed
unstable = someone cared enough to set up this buildbot, but due to
problems with either the platform in general or the specific machine
it spends a lot of its time red for reasons that aren't the fault of
recent changes to Python

A Cygwin buildbot would start in the latter category then potentially
migrate to stable if it proved itself with green results over a period
of time.

Cheers,
Nick.