[Python-Dev] cpython (3.2): Issue #12497: Install test/data to prevent failures of the various codecmaps

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at haypocalc.com
Tue Jul 5 12:09:39 CEST 2011

Le mardi 05 juillet 2011 11:49:03, Antoine Pitrou a écrit :
> On Tue, 05 Jul 2011 04:11:45 +0200
>
> ned.deily <python-checkins at python.org> wrote:
> >  LIBSUBDIRS=	tkinter tkinter/test tkinter/test/test_tkinter \
> >
> >  		tkinter/test/test_ttk site-packages test \
> >
> > -		test/capath \
> > +		test/capath test/data \
> >
> >  		test/cjkencodings test/decimaltestdata test/xmltestdata
> >  		test/subprocessdata \ test/tracedmodules test/encoded_modules \
> >  		concurrent concurrent/futures encodings \
>
> Shouldn't we have something less dumb than a hardcoded list of
> directories? :)

Yes we should, especially because Makefile is not the only file that should be
fixed: Tools/msi/msi.py

I recently added Lib/test/cjkencodings directory, see issue #12057:

R. David Murray: "Haypo, since you've created a new directory there are
makefile (and PC build file, I think) updates that will need to be made.  (This
should be documented in the dev guide if it isn't already.)"

Terry J. Reedy: "I presume and hope David meant the process, as I would have
no idea how to add a directory. And David did not seem completely sure."

Victor