[Python-Dev] PEP 397 (Python launcher for Windows) reference implementation

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jul 3 20:20:32 CEST 2011

Paul Moore <p.f.moore <at> gmail.com> writes:

> OK, having looked through this, it looks pretty solid to me. I might
> try installing Vinay's implementation and seeing how it feels in use,
> as well...

Do have a play, it would be nice to get feedback. It's only available as source,
though - is that OK?

> I'd be inclined not to worry too much about per-user installations.
> Are per-user file associations possible? I've never used them, myself.

Yes, and they can be problematic: see

http://www.deadlybloodyserious.com/2007/05/no-script-arguments/

where the problem described has also bitten me. I've no idea what put that
association in the registry.

Regards,

Vinay Sajip