[Python-Dev] What happened to Python 3.2.1?

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at haypocalc.com
Fri Jul 1 18:25:33 CEST 2011

Le vendredi 01 juillet 2011 à 16:43 +0200, Antoine Pitrou a écrit :
> On Fri, 1 Jul 2011 09:38:04 -0500
> Brian Curtin <brian.curtin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 09:01, David P. Riedel <driedel at cox.net> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > Python 3.2.1 was scheduled to be released on 6/19, I believe but there is
> > > no mention of it anywhere.  Has it been delayed?
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> >

> > There are two remaining blockers for the release:
> > http://bugs.python.org/issue12346 and http://bugs.python.org/issue12291
>
> Perhaps http://bugs.python.org/issue12213 should also be a blocker?

If you care of interlaced read-write, you may also see
http://bugs.python.org/issue12215

I don't think that #12213 and #12215 are blocker. Nobody noticed it
since the introduction of the io module (ok, except me), it's not a
regression.

Python 3.2.1 contains fixes of regressions, users are waiting for them
(e.g. "\r" in the Windows console).

Can't we schedule another release later to fix #12213 and #12215?

Victor