[Python-Dev] Beta version of the new devguide

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 11:33:07 CET 2011

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 6:22 AM, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:
>> In "Getting Set Up" it describes how to build a pydebug build. Is that
>> really necessary for those who plan only to contribute by working on
>> pure Python code?
>>

> Yes, there is actually a laundry list of reasons even people only
> working on the stdlib should use a pydebug build.

And one big reason why I don't unless I have a specific need to check
something with it - it makes the already quite long running time for
the full test suite take even longer :)

I figure it's beneficial to have people running a mixture of debug and
release builds anyway - it helps catch things that work in one mode
and not the other.

Cheers,
Nick.