[Python-Dev] Get current UTC offset in crossplatform way

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at haypocalc.com
Fri Jan 14 01:49:44 CET 2011

Le vendredi 14 janvier 2011 à 02:32 +0200, anatoly techtonik a écrit :
> It is already 2011. I didn't monitor the issue closely, but judging by
> the face that http://bugs.python.org/issue9527 is still open, Python
> still doesn't have a method to extract current timezone information
> from system. Can anybody recap what are we going to do with that in
> Python 3?

The status of #9527 is that Alexander waits for an initial review. So if
you would like to help, you can start with a review.

The status of #762963 is that the patch doesn't work: "It changes the
behaviour of time.asctime(time.gmtime(time.time()))". "A proper fix
would be to use tm_gmtoff explicitly (...)".

#1647654 has such patch (written by Alexander). Alexander is waiting for
an approval (and maybe a review?): "The patch needs documentation
updates which I will add if the idea is well received." If you want like
to help, you can also comment this issue.

Victor