[Python-Dev] devguide (hg_transition): Advertise hg import over patch.

Adrian Buehlmann adrian at cadifra.com
Sun Feb 27 17:01:37 CET 2011

On 2011-02-27 16:35, Scott Dial wrote:
> On 2/27/2011 10:18 AM, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
>> Well, chances are TortoiseHG comes with an UI to apply patches
>> (TortoiseSVN had one), so the command-line instructions may be of
>> little use to them.
>
> I don't believe TortoiseHG has such a feature (or I can't find it),
> although if you have TortoiseSVN, you can still use that as a patch tool.

TortoiseHg can import patches just fine.

FWIW, we are very close to releasing TortoiseHg 2.0 (due March 1st),
which ported the current Gtk based TortoiseHg to Qt (although, it was
more like a rewrite :-).

For the old Gtk TortoiseHg, see the online docs here:

  http://tortoisehg.bitbucket.org/manual/1.1/patches.html#import-patches

Homepage for the Qt port:
https://bitbucket.org/tortoisehg/thg/wiki/Home

For people on Windows, we have beta installers for the new Qt based
TortoiseHg at:

   https://bitbucket.org/tortoisehg/thg/downloads

Feedback is welcome on

  thg-dev at googlegroups.com or
  tortoisehg-discuss at lists.sourceforge.net

(we moved the development list to google groups)