[Python-Dev] Are these PEP complete?: 389, 391, 3108, 3135

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Mon Feb 21 18:20:48 CET 2011

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 4:52 AM, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
> As the subject line asks, is there anything preventing the following
> PEPs from being marked Final?
>
>  SA  389  argparse - New Command Line Parsing Module              Bethard
>  SA  391  Dictionary-Based Configuration For Logging              Sajip
>  SA 3108  Standard Library Reorganization                         Cannon
>  SA 3121  Extension Module Initialization and Finalization        von Löwis
>  SA 3135  New Super
> Spealman, Delaney, Ryan

Somebody (not me, not necessarily the same person for each PEP) needs
to check each of these PEPs for how well they match the implemented
reality and report back here. (Unless you already did this and are
basically giving them a certificate of correctness with your post?)

> (I deliberately left 3118 off the list, since there are some
> discrepancies between the PEP and the implementation that need to be
> clarified for 3.3 and the 3 distutils related PEPs won't be done until
> Tarek merges distutils2 back into the main line of development)
>
> It would be good to clear the decks before new PEPs start to be
> accepted for inclusion in 3.3.

Why?

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)