[Python-Dev] Packaging in Python 2 anyone ?

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 18 23:49:52 CEST 2011

Éric Araujo <merwok <at> netwok.org> writes:

> Le 18/08/2011 00:30, Vinay Sajip a écrit :
> > stdlib dependency code is either moved to util.py or test/support.py as
> > appropriate.
> We need sysconfig, shutil, tarfile, hashlib... Surely that’s a lot to
> put in util.py.

Well sysconfig.py/sysconfig.cfg have been copied as is. I've only copied over
specific things we need from shutil/functools/os, etc. so far to util.py. I
haven't looked at 2.4/2.5 support yet: things like hashlib would probably need
to be treated the same way Django handles this sort of backport of functionality.

> I join my thanks to Tarek’s, and volunteer to follow on :)

That's good news :-)

Regards,

Vinay Sajip