[Python-Dev] Drop OS/2 and VMS support?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Apr 19 23:21:24 CEST 2011

> Well, not "remove" directly, but plan to remove it using the PEP 11
> procedure (mark OS/2 and VMS as unsupported, and remove the code in
> Python 3.4).

I think the PEP 11 procedure is just right for this. It *is* a call
for maintainers, so if any user is interested in ongoing support,
they should step forward.

Having then also blog posts about these pending deprecations sounds
fine to me - also adding them to the 3.2.x release pages would be
appropriate (IMO). It's important that we give users due notice, but
lacking any actual contribution, we should also be able to remove
the code eventually.

So please go ahead and add them to PEP 11.

Regards,
Martin