[Python-Dev] not possible to install python 3.2

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 04:09:09 CEST 2011

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 8:48 AM, Laura <lauramdf at gmail.com> wrote:
> The Result?  When I type python on Linux, i get the older version 2.7.1
> instead of the version that i just installed (python 3.2).
>
> Could you help me?

As Benjamin noted, this is a question about using (/building) a
released version of Python, and hence more appropriate for
python-list. python-dev is for discussing the development of *future*
versions of Python.

Regards,
Nick.

P.S. However, also note that, due to the fact that it cannot run many
current Python 2.x scripts, the default installation process for
Python 3.x creates a "python3" command, rather than a "python"
command.