[Python-Dev] warn_unused_result warnings

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at haypocalc.com
Fri Apr 1 03:23:10 CEST 2011

Le 01/04/2011 01:11, Benjamin Peterson a écrit :
> I'm rather sick of seeing this warnings on all compiles, so I propose
> we enable the -Wno-unused-results option. I judge that most of the
> cases where this occurs are error reporting functions, where not much
> with return code can be done.
Can't we try to fix the warnings instead of turning them off? Or is it
possible to only turn off these warnings on a specific function?

Modules/faulthandler.c emits a lot of such compiler warning, but there
is nothing interesting to do on write() error. I tried to turn off the
warning on an instruction using (void)write(...), but gcc doesn't
understand that I don't care of write() result here.

Victor