[Python-Dev] [Web-SIG] WSGI is now Python 3-friendly

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Mon Sep 27 19:22:28 CEST 2010

On 9/26/2010 9:38 PM, P.J. Eby wrote:
> At 11:15 AM 9/27/2010 +1000, Ben Finney wrote:

> You misunderstand me; I wasn't asking how to *add* a link, but how to
> turn OFF the automatic conversion of the phrase "PEP 333" that happens
> without any special markup.

> Currently, the PEP 3333 preface is littered with unnecessary links,
> because the PEP pre-processor turns *every* mere textual mention of a
> PEP into a link to it.

Ouch. This is about as annoying as Thunderbird's message editor popping
up a windowed asking me what file I want to at.tach everytime I write
the word "at-tach' or a derivative without the extra punctuation. It
would definitely not be the vehicle for writing about at=mentment syndromes.

Suggestion pending something better from rst/PEP experts:
"This PEP extends PEP 333 (abbreviated P333 hereafter)."
perhaps with "to avoid auto-link creation" added before ')' to
pre-answer pesky questions and to avoid some editor re-expanding the
abbreviations.

--
Terry Jan Reedy