[Python-Dev] Python wiki

Georg Brandl g.brandl at gmx.net
Sun Sep 26 15:53:58 CEST 2010

Am 26.09.2010 14:59, schrieb "Martin v. Löwis":
> Am 26.09.2010 13:58, schrieb Nick Coghlan:
>> On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 8:16 AM, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
>>> But that can't work: then off-site links into either wiki break.
>>
>> Georg isn't suggesting a general structural change, just a change to
>> have the URL when you land *directly* on wiki.python.org automatically
>> rewritten to resolve to wiki.python.org/moin.
>
> I suppose you mean "to redirect to"? I think there would be problems if
> wiki.python.org actually returned the same content as wiki.python.org/moin.

I've been talking about redirecting all the time, haven't I?  Plan is simple:

* redirect from wiki.python.org to wiki.python.org/moin

* (optionally) redirect from wiki.jython.org to wiki.python.org/jython
  -- or --
  make wiki.jython.org the canonical URI for the Jython wiki and redirect
  from old /jython URIs there.

Georg