[Python-Dev] Moving the developer docs?

Georg Brandl g.brandl at gmx.net
Thu Sep 23 18:20:34 CEST 2010

Am 23.09.2010 16:35, schrieb Barry Warsaw:
> On Sep 23, 2010, at 10:06 AM, Jesse Noller wrote:
>
>>-1 on wiki; wikis are where good information goes off to die.
>
> Well, *all* documentation requires vigilance to remain relevant and current.
> I'm sure you don't think the Python wiki is useless, right? ;)

Don't worry, as soon as my thesis is gone for good, I will have time to
finally make good use of the new features in Sphinx trunk, among them
the often request commenting and patching feature.

The result -- I dare say -- will be the best of both worlds: no unsupervised
changes in content, but the possibility of instant feedback for readers.
We'll require some more people wrangling the amount of information we get,
but I've got quite a few requests from the community asking for things to
help the docs; now I have to refer them to the tracker, which can be less
than satisfying, then I can recruit them into the comment-handling team.

cheers,
Georg