[Python-Dev] [issue1633863] AIX: configure ignores $CC

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Fri Sep 17 15:05:51 CEST 2010

On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 11:40:12 +0200
Sébastien Sablé <sable at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> I have started to correct quite a lot of issues I have with Python on
> AIX, and since I had to test quite a lot of patchs, I though it would be
> more convenient to setup a buildbot for that platform.
>
> So I now have a buildbot environment with 2 slaves (AIX 5.3 and 6.1)
> that builds and tests Python (branch py3k) with both gcc and xlc (the
> native AIX compiler) (I have 4 builders ("py3k-aix6-xlc",
> "py3k-aix5-xlc", "py3k-aix6-gcc", "py3k-aix5-gcc").

Following on Martin's comments, you might also want to share things
with the ActiveState guys who, AFAIK, maintain an AIX version of Python
(but you have been the most active AIX user on the bug tracker lately;
perhaps they are keeping their patches to themselves).

(see http://www.activestate.com/activepython )

Regards

Antoine.