[Python-Dev] (Not) delaying the 3.2 release

James Mills prologic at shortcircuit.net.au
Thu Sep 16 00:44:05 CEST 2010

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 8:09 AM, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:
> I don't see what we gain by holding up the 3.2 release.  Some writing a
> Web application will need third-party modules anyway, so downloading
> wsgi3ref shouldn't be too painful.

I agree with you. Further, is wsgiref actually heavily used by web developers
and or web framework developers at all ? I would tend to think that
web developers
might be more interested in using some of the larger more popular web frameworks
such as: TurboGears, Django, Pylons, Cherrypy, etc.

i don't think a Python 3.2 release should be held up because of wsgiref.

cheers
James

--
-- James Mills