[Python-Dev] 3.x as the official release

Dirkjan Ochtman dirkjan at ochtman.nl
Wed Sep 15 23:50:58 CEST 2010

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 21:18, P.J. Eby <pje at telecommunity.com> wrote:
> If I were to offer a suggestion to a PEP author or dictator wanting to get
> something out ASAP, it would probably be to create a compromise between the
> "flat" model (my personal favorite) and the mod_wsgi model, as an addendum
> to PEP 333.  Specifically:
>
> * leave start_response/write in play (ala mod_wsgi)

The alternative is returning a three-tuple status, headers,
content-iterable, right?

I would definitely prefer just returning a three-tuple instead of the
crappy start_response callback that returns a write callable. It makes
applications easier to write, and the unified model should also make
server implemation easier. It also combines nicely with yield from in
some cases.

Cheers,

Dirkjan