[Python-Dev] Rework nntlib?

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 13:14:06 CEST 2010

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 9:04 PM, Senthil Kumaran <orsenthil at gmail.com> wrote:
> I guess, Skip's question or intention was, how often nntplib as a
> module is being used these days to write scripts/tools or clients?
> Very rarely.
>
> It would definitely be interesting to know, if there are python
> applications out there which are using nntplib at the moment.

It isn't a huge number, but not all of the results here are copies of
Python standard library:
http://www.google.com/codesearch?hl=en&start=10&sa=N&q=nntplib+lang:python

Not comprehensive of course, and it doesn't tell us how active these
projects are, but it does indicate the real world use is greater than
zero.

Cheers,
Nick.