[Python-Dev] Continuing 2.x

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Oct 28 15:03:26 CEST 2010

> Let’s move the current ‘trunk’ into /branches/afterlife-27.  Open it for
> submissions from people such as myself that use 2.7 on a regular basis
> and are willing to give it some extra love.  Host it there without the
> usual stringent python quality assurance, buildbot support, release
> management and all that rigmarole.  Open-source it, if you will.

If you don't plan to make a release eventually, why would anybody care?

If you do plan to make a release eventually, please say so. That would
then be the point where I can point out that I will not be available
to make Windows binaries for such a release.

Also, if you do plan to make a release, please also indicate how
you would label it.

Regards,
Martin