[Python-Dev] Issue 10194 - Adding a gc.remap() function

P.J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Oct 27 00:12:07 CEST 2010

At 10:24 AM 10/26/2010 -0700, Peter Ingebretson wrote:
>I have a relatively large application written in Python, and a
>specific use case where it will significantly increase our speed
>of iteration to be able to change and test modules without needing
>to restart the application.

If all you really want this for is reloading, it would probably make
more sense to simply modify the existing class and function objects
using the reloaded values as a template, then save the modified
classes and functions back to the module.

Have you tried http://pypi.python.org/pypi/plone.reload or
http://svn.python.org/projects/sandbox/trunk/xreload/xreload.py, or
any other existing code reloaders, or tried extending them for your
specific use case?