[Python-Dev] Issue 10194 - Adding a gc.remap() function

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Oct 26 22:47:39 CEST 2010

Am 26.10.2010 22:28, schrieb Peter Ingebretson:
> --- On Tue, 10/26/10, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
>> I think this then mandates a PEP; I'm -1 on the feature also.
>
> I am happy to write up a PEP for this feature.  I'll start that
> process now, though if anyone feels that this idea has no chance of
> acceptance please let me know.

If it could actually work in a reasonable way, I would be +0. If,
as I think, it can't possibly work correctly, I'll be -1.

In this evaluation, I compare this to Smalltalk's Object>>#become:
What you propose should have a similar effect, IMO, although
it's probably not necessary to provide the two-way nature
of become:

Regards,
Martin