[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] r85822 - python/branches/py3k/Modules/ossaudiodev.c

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Oct 24 21:14:34 CEST 2010

> Add casts (one needed, one for consistency).

FWIW, I feel that these casts are misguided. Having function pointer
casts means that type errors in the signature get suppressed. E.g.
people using such casts for tp_hash will be unable to detect the change
in the tp_hash return type that we have implemented for 3.2.

It would be better, IMO, if these casts get avoided everywhere, even
if that means that the functions get a line longer.

Regards,
Martin