[Python-Dev] About resolution “accepted” on the tracker

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Mon Oct 18 21:28:53 CEST 2010

  On 18/10/2010 20:24, Georg Brandl wrote:
> Am 18.10.2010 21:04, schrieb Michael Foord:

>>> Same here.  I think of the resolution as only relevant when the issue
>>> status is closed (or pending, of course).
>> Whilst I agree we lack a "status" (resolution is probably not right)
>> that says either this bug has been verified as genuine and needs fixing
>> or for a feature request that it has been agreed that the feature can be
>> added but not yet got as far as a completed patch.
> Don't we have "stage" for that (at the moment at least)?

Which stage do you have in mind, "patch needed"?

This is currently used for any issue that lacks a patch and doesn't mean
that an issue has been accepted as "valid" in any way.

All the best,

Michael Foord

--

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/

READ CAREFULLY. By accepting and reading this email you agree,
on behalf of your employer, to release me from all obligations
and waivers arising from any and all NON-NEGOTIATED agreements,
licenses, terms-of-service, shrinkwrap, clickwrap, browsewrap,
confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-compete and acceptable use
policies (”BOGUS AGREEMENTS”) that I have entered into with your
employer, its partners, licensors, agents and assigns, in
perpetuity, without prejudice to my ongoing rights and privileges.
You further represent that you have the authority to release me
from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.