[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] r85486 - python/branches/py3k/configure

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Oct 14 20:58:30 CEST 2010

>> I think it was intentional (at least deliberate), but I think it is a
>> problem and should be reverted. There is, at any point, the official
>> version that Python uses for autoconf, which at the moment is 2.65.
>> The rationale is that with changing autoconf versions, the actual
>> configure script will change forth and back, confusing attributions
>> (svn blame).
>
> Why would anyone annotate configure? configure.in is stable wrt to
> autoconf versions.

Ok, it's more an issue with aesthetics, and also reproducibility
(what if somebody tests a configure change correctly, but it then
breaks with an older autoconf version?)

However, if people don't see this as a problem, we can also give
up the strictness of requiring an exact autoconf version (and
autoconf will already check for a minimum).

Regards,
Martin