[Python-Dev] Distutils2 scripts

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Oct 12 01:24:56 CEST 2010

Giampaolo Rodolà wrote:

> If that's the case what would I type in the command prompt in order to
> install a module?
> "C:\PythonXX\pysetup.exe"?
> If so I would strongly miss old "setup.py install".

Another thing bothers me about this. With the current scheme,
if you have multiple Pythons available, it's easy to be sure
that you're installing into the right one, because it's the
one that you use to run setup.py. Whereas if installation is
performed by a different executable, there's a possibility
of them being out of sync.

So I think I'd prefer some scheme involving 'python -m ...'
or some other option to Python itself, rather than a separate
executable.

--
Greg