[Python-Dev] [Pythonmac-SIG] sad state of OS X Python testing...

Stephen Hansen apt.shansen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 16:26:58 CEST 2010

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 2:42 AM, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Oct 2010 10:08:59 -0700
> Stephen Hansen <apt.shansen at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I think Bill was specifically after Snow Leopard - what system are you
> > > using?
> > >

> > I have a fairly recent MacPro on Snow Leopard, which I keep consistently
> up
> > to date and its connected all the time. It has more capacity then I can
> > really find use for.
>
> Now that the buildbot is up, it is recommended that you try to
> investigate the failures (and the test_ttk_guionly crash), and that you
> create bugs reports on http://bugs.python.org for them.

I shall, I just got busy yesterday. :)

The failure is happening just because it can't possibly succeed, I set up
the account for the buildbot in such a way that it has no access to a GUI
context. I'm going to rectify that today so I can properly test TK. The hard
crash I'll report as soon as I have a few minutes to isolate more where its
happening and thus to who all should get a report.

--Stephen