[Python-Dev] stable builders

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Oct 5 22:55:41 CEST 2010

Am 05.10.10 19:07, schrieb Antoine Pitrou:
> On Tue, 05 Oct 2010 17:06:40 +0200
> "Martin v. Löwis"<martin at v.loewis.de>  wrote:
>>> I can probably run a build slave on one of my boxes (Gentoo, Athlon 64
>>> x2). Where are the setup docs?
>>
>> http://wiki.python.org/moin/BuildBot
>
> By the way, is the distinction between "stable" and "unstable" builders
> still relevant?

It's still formally the requirement for making releases.

> If I look at http://www.python.org/dev/buildbot/3.x.stable/, two of our
> four stable builders are offline (and at least one of them - the ia64
> one - has been for a long time). Granted, this makes them "stable" in a
> sense ;)

I guess somebody would need to do monitoring on them, and ping operators
if the buildbot is down for an extended period of time. Feel free to
ping any operator whenever you notice that a slave is down (they do get
an automated email, but people can get resistant to automated emails).

Also, if you would want to propose that a different set than the current
ones should be considered stable, please let me know. I believe
"stable" was meant in a different way, though - it would reliably pass
all tests, and a test failure should be considered a bug, rather than
some random failure on the slave.

Regards,
Martin