[Python-Dev] [Pythonmac-SIG] sad state of OS X Python testing...

Stephen Hansen apt.shansen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 19:08:59 CEST 2010

On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 1:37 PM, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de>wrote:

> > I'm already running a Jython buildslave on an Intel Mac Pro which is
> > pretty underused - I'd be happy to run a CPython one there too, if
> > it'd be worthwhile.
>
> I think Bill was specifically after Snow Leopard - what system are you
> using?

I have a fairly recent MacPro on Snow Leopard, which I keep consistently up
to date and its connected all the time. It has more capacity then I can
really find use for.

If its still needed, I can set up buildbot to run on it today. Is it all
pull/poll oriented, or does the slave need to be connected to by the master?
Meaning, do I need to poke a hole in the firewall to allow any external
access? The BuildBot page only mentions outgoing access (or I'm
misunderstanding it).

IIUC, I just need a name/password to tell buildbot to connect to, right?

-- Stephen