[Python-Dev] Mercurial Schedule

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 15:56:40 CET 2010

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 12:46 AM, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
> On Nov 19, 2010, at 11:50 PM, Nick Coghlan wrote:
>
>>- date SVN will go read only
>
> Please note that svn cannot be made completely read-only.  We've already
> decided that versions already in maintenance or security-only mode (2.5, 2.6,
> 2.7, 3.1) will get updates and releases only via svn.  But only the release
> managers should have write access to the svn repositories.

Again, something that should be in PEP 385 (but isn't).

It seems that the work *is* going on, and the people actually doing it
have a reasonable idea as to what has been decided and where things
are going, but those of us "out here" have a fair stake in this as
well, and without an up to date PEP 385 there's no one place to go to
to see the current state of the migration.

That's enough to make folks like me somewhat nervous as to whether or
not we're actually going to have a usable source control system come
December 12.

Cheers,
Nick.