[Python-Dev] Mercurial Schedule

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 14:50:36 CET 2010

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 5:43 PM, Georg Brandl <g.brandl at gmx.net> wrote:
> Am 19.11.2010 03:23, schrieb Benjamin Peterson:

>>> Do we have a exhaustive list of mercurial "to do" things?.
>>
>> http://hg.python.org/pymigr/file/1576eb34ec9f/tasks.txt
>
> Uh, that's the list of things to do *at* the migration.  The todo list is
>
> http://hg.python.org/pymigr/file/1576eb34ec9f/todo.txt

That kind of link is the sort of thing that should really be in the
PEP... (along with the info about where to find the hooks repository,
specific URLs for at least 3.x, 3.1 and 2.7, pointers to a draft FAQ
to replace the current SVN focused FAQ, etc)

Target dates for the following specific activities would also be useful:
- date a "final draft" of converted repository will be made available
to Martin and Ronald to dry run creation of Windows and Mac OS X
installers
- date SVN will go read only
- date Hg will be available for write access (it should be frozen for
a while, to give the folks doing the conversion a chance to make sure
buildbot is back up and run, commit emails are working properly, etc)

So as long as we acknowledge that any migration problems may mean
additional beta releases of 3.2 to iron things out, I don't see a
problem with releasing beta 1 as planned to close the door on any
*other* new features, and giving the Hg migration a clear run at the
source repository before we start working seriously on dealing with
bug reports (either existing ones, or those from the first beta).

Cheers,
Nick.