[Python-Dev] Buildbot for AIX

Sébastien Sablé sable at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Nov 8 18:46:26 CET 2010

Hi Antoine,

I tried to provide command lines arguments to configure instead of
environment variables with:

configureFlags = ["--with-pydebug", "--without-computed-gotos",
"CC=xlc", 'OPT="-O2 -qmaxmem=18000"']

But that would fail: on the slave, configure would run like that:
./configure --with-pydebug --without-computed-gotos CC=xlc OPT="-O2
-qmaxmem=18000"

And the compilation would give some error like that:
	xlc -c  "-O2 -qmaxmem=18000" -O2 -O2  -I. -IInclude -I./Include
-I/home/cis/.buildbot/support-buildbot/include
-I/home/cis/.buildbot/support-buildbot/include/ncurses
-I/home/cis/.buildbot/support-buildbot/include
-I/home/cis/.buildbot/support-buildbot/include/ncurses  -DPy_BUILD_CORE
-o Modules/python.o ./Modules/python.c
xlc: 1501-216 (W) command option - -qmaxmem=18000 is not recognized -
passed to ld

However running 2 different slaves per host in order to distinguish xlc
and gcc would be OK; though I would appreciate if they could run
sequentially rather than in parallel as that would limit the host load.

regards

--
Sébastien Sablé