[Python-Dev] r86276 - python/branches/py3k/Lib/distutils/cygwinccompiler.py

Éric Araujo merwok at netwok.org
Mon Nov 8 15:34:36 CET 2010

>> It seems this and previous fixes should be backported to 2.7.
>
> Perhaps there should be a 'backport 2.7' keyword to check on issues that
> might be but have not been.

The “Your issues” list is very helpful and works well for me.  This bug
is still open and assigned to me (and opened in my web browser,
incidentally), so I don’t fear I’ll forget it.  This new keyword would
IMO be redundant with existing fields (status:open + version:2.7).

(The once-existing 26backport was entirely different if I recall
correctly, it was used to tag 3.x features to be added to 2.x.)

Regards