[Python-Dev] bugs.python.org not responding (Was: rlcompleter -- auto-complete dictionary keys (+ tests))

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Sun Nov 7 20:19:44 CET 2010

On Sun, 07 Nov 2010 09:30:17 -0800, Bobby Impollonia <bobbyi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 9:07 AM, Valery Khamenya <khamenya at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Can you post your patch on bugs.python.org?
> >
> > the site is not working currently.
>
> Yes, it is down for me too, trying from multiple hosts. It was up
> approximately an hour ago, but has now been unresponsive for the past
> twenty or thirty minutes. I cannot even ping bugs.python.org. The main
> python.org site seems to be fine.

The hosting company working on the problem, which seems to be a hardware
issue.  Hopefully be resolved soon.

FYI bugs.python.org and www.python.org are different machines, and
in fact the two machines are not even hosted at the same location.

Valery,  I would advise you to submit the patch to bugs.python.org when
it comes back up.  Patches posted to this mailing list will in general
just get forgotten.

--
R. David Murray                                      www.bitdance.com