[Python-Dev] Snakebite, buildbot and low hanging fruit -- feedback wanted! (Was Re: SSH access against buildbot boxes)

Dirkjan Ochtman dirkjan at ochtman.nl
Sun Nov 7 13:15:15 CET 2010

On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 12:24, Trent Nelson <trent at snakebite.org> wrote:
> Titus, for example, alluded to some nifty way for a committer to push his
> local hg branch/changes somewhere, such that it would kick off builds on
> multiple platforms in the same sorta' vein as point 2, but able to leverage
> cloud resources like Amazon's EC2, not just Snakebite hardware.

Mozilla has something called the "try server", where people push
changes like to any normal repositories, but the result is that it
runs all the test suites they have. This lets people painlessly test
stuff on all platforms before actually pushing it to one of the main
repositories.

On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 12:50, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
> With the switch to hg.python.org imminent, it may be better to focus
> on Hg for that part (unless you have other projects in mind that also
> use SVN). I believe Martin and/or Dirkjan have worked out the
> equivalent triggers and build commands needed to switch the buildbot
> fleet from svn to hg, but I'm not entirely certain about that one.

Yeah, Martin has things for buildbot worked out. Notes about this are
in the hg.python.org/pymigr repository.

Cheers,

Dirkjan