[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] r86264 - python/branches/release27-maint/Lib/distutils/sysconfig.py

Éric Araujo merwok at netwok.org
Sat Nov 6 17:26:50 CET 2010

> I'm skeptical that this change should be carried out, then.
Yes, I asked myself the same question.  I had done the svnmerge from
py3k, and when I saw that only one change was left, I wondered whether I
should commit or revert.

> It's easy to argue that this can't possibly hurt (but I can certainly
> come up with code that will break under that change); however, I fail
> to see what good it does.
This was a private function used on an unsupported platform, this should
do no harm.  We’ve been bitten by “should do no harm” before though, so
I am ready to revert this change (and learn from this :)

Regards