[Python-Dev] On breaking modules into packages Was: [issue10199] Move Demo/turtle under Lib/

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Wed Nov 3 00:11:57 CET 2010

On 02/11/2010 22:43, Brett Cannon wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 15:33, Nick Coghlan<ncoghlan at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 12:35 PM, Brett Cannon<brett at python.org>  wrote:
>>> So basically it seems like we have learned a lesson: we prefer to have
>>> our code structured in files that match the public API. I think that
>>> is a legitimate design rule for the stdlib to follow from now on, but
>>> in the case of unittest it's too late to change it back (and it's a
>>> minor price to pay to learn this lesson and to have Michael
>>> maintaining unittest like he has been, plus we could consider using
>>> the new structure so that the public API matches the file structure
>>> when the need arises).
>> Something to note in PEP 8, perhaps?
> If everyone agrees with making this policy, then yes.

I'd like to reply a bit further, I'll do it as a reply to your earlier
email though.

Michael

> -Brett
>
>> Cheers,
>> Nick.
>>
>> --
>> Nick Coghlan   |   ncoghlan at gmail.com   |   Brisbane, Australia

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/

READ CAREFULLY. By accepting and reading this email you agree,
on behalf of your employer, to release me from all obligations
and waivers arising from any and all NON-NEGOTIATED agreements,
licenses, terms-of-service, shrinkwrap, clickwrap, browsewrap,
confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-compete and acceptable use
policies (”BOGUS AGREEMENTS”) that I have entered into with your
employer, its partners, licensors, agents and assigns, in
perpetuity, without prejudice to my ongoing rights and privileges.
You further represent that you have the authority to release me
from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.