[Python-Dev] Bugfix releases should not change APIs

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Mon May 31 01:22:55 CEST 2010

On 5/28/2010 11:41 PM, Nick Coghlan wrote:

> However, it may be worth modifying the policy to ensure that such
> exceptional bug fixes be mentioned prominently in the release notes and
> on the download page for that maintenance release.

A sentence like "The behavior of it.X.truncate has been intentionally
changed from ... to ... .", if I read and cognized it, would have helped
me, in this case, to the problem and fix much more quickly.

Is it possible with svn or hg to get a list of the commits that changed
version x to version y?

Would is not be possible to get a diff between at least the .rst
versions of the docs for version x and version y?

Terry Jan Reedy