[Python-Dev] PEP 3148 ready for pronouncement

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed May 26 05:38:33 CEST 2010

On 24/05/10 20:46, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> Cameron Simpson writes:
>
>   >  There's a lot to be said for a robust implementation of a well defined
>   >  problem. Brian's module, had it been present and presuming it robust and
>   >  debugged, would have been quite welcome.
>
> That, of course, is the consensus view, both in general and with
> respect to this particular module.
>
> The difference is over what constitutes sufficient evidence for your
> presumption of "robust and debugged" from the point of view of the
> users of the stdlib.

At the very least, we'll be offering a promise to be "more robust and
more debugged than what you came up with in that coding marathon last
night" ;)

Having a decent test suite that is regularly executed on multiple
platforms (which will be the case for any accepted module by the time it
is included in a Python release) also places anything we release a cut
above a *lot* of in-house code.

Cheers,
Nick.