[Python-Dev] pybuildbot.identify?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed May 19 21:45:39 CEST 2010

Bill Janssen wrote:
> Matthias Klose <doko at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>
>> On 19.05.2010 18:09, Bill Janssen wrote:
>>> The PPC buildbots are running pretty well, now that I've opened a few
>>> more ports, but I'd like to find this script "pybuildbot.identify" that
>>> they keep complaining about, and install it.  I've poked around the
>>> Python sources, but haven't found it.
>>>
>>> Anyone know where to get it from?
>> it's just a custom script, currently very linux specific. attached
>> here. maybe it's worth to check it in and extend it for other
>> configurations.
>>
>>   Matthias
>
> Well, please check it in somewhere, at least.  Thanks.

Can you please investigate why it was causing an error message in the
first place? The which test should have determined that the script
doesn't exist, and then it shouldn't have been invoked. So I'm puzzled
why there is an error message at all.

I slightly object to checking it in. It's *not* a mandatory part of a
buildbot slave setup, and if you don't know what it is, you don't need
to know.

Regards,
Martin