[Python-Dev] Two small PEP ideas

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Mon May 3 17:30:22 CEST 2010

On May 01, 2010, at 08:58 AM, Dirkjan Ochtman wrote:

>On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 21:09, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
>>>Though maybe it should be called Conclusion instead of Accepted and
>>>used for Rejected PEPs, as well?
>>
>> Good point.  What do you think about 'Resolution'?
>
>Fine with me.

I've updated PEP 1 and the supporting scripts to accept a Resolution: header.
Note that in PEP 1 I wrote:

    *Note: The Resolution header is required for Standards Track PEPs
    only.  It contains a URL that should point to an email message or
    other web resource where the pronouncement about the PEP is made.*

but in fact, the scripts make Resolution optional (it's kind of a pain to make
it required just for Standards Track PEPs - contributions welcome).

-Barry