[Python-Dev] Google Groups mirror (Was: Bootstrap script for package management tool in Python 2.7)

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Mon Mar 29 16:43:35 CEST 2010

> > There are already gmane mirrors, such as:
> > http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.devel
>
> Do you use it yourself for thread subscription?

I don't think there's any "thread subscription", if you mean subscribing
to individual threads.

> My point is that gmane mouse clicking interface is insane. They can
> not fold quotations.

Neither can some e-mail clients. It's up to posters to quote (that is,
strip quotes) properly.
Gmane also allows you to use NNTP, though, perhaps you can find an NNTP
client which has the desired quoting UI :)

> And if you'll look attentively you won't find
> most of messages from ongoing discussion about bootstrap script for
> package management.

Yes, gmane seems to have some strange "duplicate suppression" algorithm
which doesn't go well with cross-posting.