[Python-Dev] Joel Spolsky on Mercurial

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Fri Mar 19 14:13:18 CET 2010

    M> Is Python-dev going to consider shifting their repo to mercurial/git
    M> instead of SVN? :)

Yes, Dirkjan has been working on it.  My initial experience with hg as a
quick way to revision control anything anywhere on a small scale ("hmmm, I
should track changes to /etc/hosts... cd /etc ; hg init ; hg add hosts")
worked quite well, but when I tried to use it for something where I was
actually working collaboratively (my lockfile module) I managed to get my
code/branches/heads/whatever completely f**ked up.  I gave up and just went
back to Subversion.

Skip