[Python-Dev] #Python3 ! ? (was Python Library Support in 3.x)

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 16:58:59 CEST 2010

On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 11:08 PM, Nick Efford <N.D.Efford at leeds.ac.uk> wrote:
> Not sure if I agree with you here; I regard people new to
> programming as the prime candidates for using Python 3.  Many of
> the language changes have the effect of making it significantly
> easier to learn for newcomers (I wrote about this a while ago -
> see http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/nde/papers/teachpy3.html).

That's actually one of the better write-ups I've seen regarding
several of the key benefits of the Python 3 transition. They're easy
to lose sight of when discussing the topic with the existing
developers that are bearing the cost of converting their code due to
changes that were made primarily for the benefit of new users.

Cheers,
Nick.