[Python-Dev] #Python3 ! ? (was Python Library Support in 3.x)

Laurens Van Houtven lvh at laurensvh.be
Sun Jun 20 13:33:35 CEST 2010

Michael,

Fair point! It's mostly put in the topic so people can ask about it
and we can give them more detailed answers, because, as other people
have mentioned, the exact answer depends largely on what *precisely*
someone is doing.

I'm not sure what sort of an effect it would have if we took it out.
Maybe something we could try? I'm not sure it'd have much of a
practical effect since most of the regulars expertise isn't going to
shift instantly, so getting actual help is probably going to be a bit
rough on 3.x users.

At the very least I'm going to take this suggestion to #python's
regulars and see what they have to say about it :-)

(One of the problems people I've talked to in private that were
"pretty miffed" about is the dissonance between #python and
python-dev, and that there's some problem with people assuming things
said on #python as being very authoritative answers (ha ha). I think
this is really bad for Python as a whole and I've love to hear ideas
on how you guys think it could be fixed.)

thanks
Laurens