[Python-Dev] Python Library Support in 3.x (Was: email package status in 3.X)

Arc Riley arcriley at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 17:14:51 CEST 2010

python-commandments.org is owned and hosted by the same person (Allen Short
aka dash aka washort) as pound-python.org which is the "official" website
for #Python and which links to it.

#Python is co-managed by Stephen Thorne (aka Jerub) and Allen Short (aka
dash aka washort).  According to Freenode services, the channel operators
include more than half the active Twisted Matrix developers, including
yourself.  Each of you has had the ability to change the topic at any time.

I may have cast an overly broad net in including you, I don't have IRC logs
to review.  I do remember that you have contributed a great deal of time to
helping people in #Python and that you were fairly active as a channel
operator in #Python when the anti-Py3 rhetoric got started.  Perhaps you can
shine some light on who is actually responsible for promoting this?

I'm sorry if we're in uncomfortable finger-pointing mode, but in the spirit
of critical self-evaluation I think its time we take a long look at who is
actually representing the Python community in operating our primary
community help channel and whether that situation should continue.