[Python-Dev] Thoughts fresh after EuroPython

P.J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Sun Jul 25 18:20:13 CEST 2010

At 04:29 PM 7/25/2010 +1000, Nick Coghlan wrote:
>So, while I can understand Guido's temptation (PEP 380 *is* pretty
>cool), I'm among those that hope he resists that temptation. Letting
>these various ideas bake a little longer without syntactic support
>likely won't hurt either.

Well, if somebody wants to clean up my syntax-sugar-free version a
little (maybe adding a "From.return_(value)" staticmethod that raises
StopIteration(value)) and throw it in the stdlib, then people can
certainly experiment with the feature in 3.2, and get an opportunity
to iron out any implementation issues before going to the
C-and-sugared version later.