[Python-Dev] http://bugs.python.org/issue231540

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Jul 24 01:40:34 CEST 2010

On 7/23/2010 6:26 PM, Mark Lawrence wrote:
> Is there any money to pay for the forthcoming 10th birthday party for
> this issue? Is the OP still alive?

This reminds me of some low priority items on my todo list ;-)

Hmmm. Right now there are 756 open feature requests out of 2779 open
issues. There have been bug days. Maybe after 3.2 is out, we should have
a feature day to see if some feature requests cannot be closed as
obsolete, unwise, unwanted, or too difficult.

It is possible that PEP3099, Rejected ideas, could be expanded to help
triagers close already rejected ideas.

Something I/someone might do is make some manageable lists of related
ideas (say, additions to builtin functions) and post them on
python-ideas for discussion and voting.

--
Terry Jan Reedy