[Python-Dev] Python-dev signal-to-noise processing question

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Jul 23 00:25:21 CEST 2010

On 7/22/2010 8:22 AM, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 07:02:33 pm Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
>
>> OTOH I think as quick as possible an answer is a good idea here.  It
>> saves the intended audience the thought about whether to reply or
>> not, and an instant, constructive answer says that somebody cares.
>
> +1

Ditto. The sooner a person redirects a question to python-list, the
sooner I will answer if I have an answer. And I do answer a lot of
questions on Py-list, especially those that have sat a few hours without
an answer.

> I think that waiting "a day or two" as suggested by Average does nobody
> any good.

The only 'waiting' by anyone should be a few days by someone who posts
on pylist *before* they try here for other expers.

--
Terry Jan Reedy