[Python-Dev] mkdir -p in python

Ray Allen ysj.ray at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 05:18:45 CEST 2010

> I don't see what would be so bad about adding a new

function for this. Think of it as correcting the mistake

of not making makedirs() behave this way from the

beginning.

If you want to add a new function,  then what its name should be? I guess it
should be too similar as existing ones. It's confusing for using because
they have similar names and do the same major things except exception. For
users it's easier to remember one function than tow. If we want to correct a
mistake, it's better not to import another mistake.

I don't like writing code that depends on particular

errno values, because I don't trust it to work cross-

platform.

I think in this case, the errno is generate by c standard library, which can
be seen as cross-platform.

> --
> Greg

Ray Allen